Monday, January 19, 2009

1.19.2009 - 1.23.2009 / Lope de Vega

Hi all,

I hope I do this right and that you all can see my adjustments. At Lope de Vega, Luis and I have done several powerpoint presentations that might be useful to the rest of the group. The two that I think are most relevant at this point are about the Huaorani indigenous population in Ecuador and the Mapuche indigenous people in Chile. You can see these presentations here. They are titled "NZ - Ecuador Indigenous Presentation" and "NZ - Chile Indigenous Presentation," respectively.

In regard to in-class debates, we have already had one on the topic of school uniforms and are currently planning another on the topic of smoking.

This week, we plan to start on position papers and will try to develop a study guide or helpful research tool for the students. More on that next time if all goes well.

No comments: